Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Harry Potter series.
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mass Market): $10.99
- #3: Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (Mass Market): $10.99
- #4: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire (Mass Market): $12.99
- #5: Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (Mass Market): $12.99
- #6: Harry Potter Y El Misterio del Príncipe / Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Paperback): $19.95
- #7: Harry Potter Y Las Reliquias de la Muerte / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Paperback): $19.95
Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.
All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley - a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.
But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry - and anyone who reads about him - will find unforgettable.
For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.
*Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Rowling's wonderful ability to put a fantastic spin on sports, student rivalry, and eccentric faculty contributes to the humor, charm, and, well, delight of her utterly captivating story."
*Booklist, starred review
* "Harry himself is the perfect confused and unassuming hero, whom trouble follows like a wizard's familiar. After reading this entrancing fantasy, readers will be convinced that they, too, could take the train to Hogwarts School, if only they could find Platform Nine and Three Quarters at the King's Cross Station."
*School Library Journal, starred review
Shop Locally, Here, 24/7!
We're happy to see you again in the store, largely thanks to your ongoing support of donations, book orders, and words of encourangement and love during the shut down❤️! There are some new conditions and store hours in place; please read over before you visit...
⭐️Masks must be worn by everyone over the age of three except for Poppy.
⭐️Staff will be wearing face shields.
⭐️ An acrylic counter shield is in place with hand sanitizer on counter. Charge card transactions are contact-free with no need to sign. As always, we take Apple Pay.
⭐️ We are still offering contact-free pick up in our entryway. Call the store for ordering or order online and choose in-store pick up. Please choose "pay at store" instead of credit card pay if you would like your purchase to go towards your Forever Friends rewards account. You can then pay at pick up or over phone.
⭐️Regrettably, our chairs have been removed except for one for persons with special needs. The children's play table and chairs have also been removed.
⭐️ At this time, our restroom is not open to the public.
⭐️The front of the store is opened up and fixtures have been moved. While the store is more open, allowing for better socially distant traffic flow, our inventory level is normal for this time of year. We have been stocking new releases all along, so come see what's new. If you don't see it on our shelves, shipments are arriving in 2-5 days, depending on the book. More non-book items are arriving daily.
⭐️ For now, our hours are: Monday-Saturday 10-6
We look forward to seeing you all soon!