Edible Mushrooms: A forager's guide to the wild fungi of Britain, Ireland and Europe (Hardcover)
An up-to-date, comprehensive and brilliantly illustrated book on fungi foraging in Britain and Europe. It covers every known edible species, and all the poisonous groups, as well as a few very common species and a handful of mushrooms included for their interesting or unusual characteristics.
- Identify edible and poisonous mushrooms.
- Distinguish between 'lookalike' species.
- Know when is the best time and place to hunt for each species.
- Identify edible species which should be left alone because they are threatened
- Photos show each species in its natural habitat, to aid identification.
Perfect for all ability levels - from absolute beginner to the experienced fungi forager who'd like to become an expert. Each edible species is ranked according to its difficulty/danger level, so beginners can start with the easiest ones, while experienced foragers can learn how to safely forage for the trickier species that other mushroom foraging guides leave out.
The only full-time fungi-foraging professional in England. Geoff Dann is an ex-software engineer, who rode the upsurge in interest in mushroom foraging in the UK to turn a long-term passion into a career. In addition to his popular mushroom walks, teaching people about edible and toxic fungi as they come across them in the wild, he also presents guest slots on television and writes articles.