When the Grid Fails: Easy Action Steps When Facing Urban and Natural Disasters (Paperback)
Guide your family through life-threatening situations when they hit home with this survival guide. Learn techniques and strategies for fortifying your home against any crisis. From a downed power line to staying safe during a hurricane or being trapped in your home in a snowstorm, you’ll learn life-saving strategies and self-sufficient living. With the right tools and information, you can survive life’s most unpredictable circumstances. Survival expert Ky Furneaux (featured on Discovery’s Naked and Afraid) establishes easy action steps so your family has a step-by-step plan when things go haywire. Whether it’s environmental disaster, social upheaval, civil unrest, war, or an economic breakdown, with this guide you can confidently navigate any crisis.
Learn practical preparations and smart responses to all kinds of survival situations, including:
- How to find and sterilize water.
- How to keep warm if the heating cuts out, and staying cool in heat waves without A.C.
- How to safely store food and water for weeks and months on end.
- First-aid instructions and treating injuries in an emergency- Alternative cooking techniques when conventional methods are unavailable
- How to grow and preserve food
- How to prepare for a fire, hurricane, tornado, flood, or earthquake
Be self-reliant and give yourself peace of mind with the tools you need to survive even in long emergencies. Take the initiative with When the Grid Fails and be prepared for any urban crisis.